Hi all, we are a digital media startup building a platform for interactive television. The basic idea is that we're going to have a network of YouTube shows that all use our app to gather, rate, and incorporate user generated content.
In order to raise our next round of funding from investors, we are creating several pilot episodes of shows that would be on our network. They are basically talk shows, so they are relatively simple to film.
We have lots of experience with app development, but not that much experience with TV/film production. After our next round of funding we plan to bring production fully in-house and hire someone full time to be in charge of it. Right now we do have our own studio, and we have a bunch of our own equipment, but it's basically DIY-prosumer and we don't really have that much experience with cinematography etc. Basically we want these pilots to look better than what we can produce on our own at this stage.
Bottom line, we're looking to hire someone who can help us produce these pilots. We were hoping to find someone who is kind of a jack-of-all-trades, able to do both the filming and the editing, as well as consult and advise us on the project in general.
We will be responsible for:
You will be responsible for:
- Working with us to understand the needs for each shoot in advance
- Coming to each shoot with the right camera, audio, and lighting equipment.
- Setting up each shot
- Filming all the required scenes and lines in the show
- Filming an intro sequence for each show
- Editing the footage to produce the final pilot episodes, incorporating the user-submitted clips (which will be provided us)
Please reply to ben at leavetv dot com with a link to your work, and tell us why you'd be perfect for this job.