Call for Entries! Lifetime Network Seeking Docu-series TV Treatments, Teasers
NYTVF – Lifetime Unscripted Development Pipeline
Lifetime Networks, home of cableâ€™s number one competition series, "Project Runway," and TV hits "Designing Spaces,â€ and "Dance Moms", has teamed up with the NYTVF for an innovative initiative seeking concepts for original unscripted television programming from independent artists and production companies.
Twenty-five semi-finalists will be considered by Lifetime with five finalists each receiving $2,500 to shoot additional tape. One winner will receive $10,000 and the opportunity to participate in pilot production with the network.
Free to submit.
Unscripted formats of all genres are welcome, with particular interest in docu-series, social experiment, close-ended competition, and game show formats.
TV show concepts and characters should revolve around big, unique personalities and worlds that bring a fresh perspective to the television landscape.
Submissions must include:
- A short treatment (1-2 pages) describing your original unscripted format
- A brief video (2-4 minutes) introducing the subject(s).
Deadline: July 18, 2012.
Details here: http://www.nytvf.com/2012_lifetime_pipeline.html
Additional opportunities for Semi-Finalists:
All 25 Official Semi-Finalists will be invited to participate as Official Artists at the 2012 New York Television Festival in NYC in October, with exclusive access to:
- Participate in NYTVF Pitch, offering guaranteed development deals from: Â Bio Channel, Hasbro Studios, Logo, SevenOne International, Sundance Channel, Channel 4
- Network, meet and collaborate with over forty U.S.-based television networks, studios, agencies, fellow TV creators and MORE.
NYTVF is also accepting entries to:
The 2012 Independent Pilot Competition
- Accepting independent TV pilots and web series 4-22 min in all genres.
- Win guaranteed deals from US network partners IFC, MTV, SyFy and VH1.
- Early Deadline May 11; Final Deadline June 15; Late Deadline June 29 More info here: http://www.nytvf.com/2012_ipc.html