Do you know any eccentric folks who might be interested in sharing their "things" with the world?... I'm producing a documentary web series this summer that's currently casting, and I'm hoping you might be able to help. :)
'Here's the Thing…' profiles people through pictures of things in their home. Using a combination of still photographs and voiceover narration, the seemingly mundane ‘things’ examined in the series become vehicles for authentic personal portraits. The series connects people together by showing that no matter how wildly diverse our walks of life, everyone has a compelling story tucked away in their home that other people find fascinating. Check out the show online at http://www.heresthethingtv.com.
If you happen to know anyone who might fit into any of the categories below who also has interesting "things" to showcase & would be into the idea of being featured in an episode, please let me know as soon as possible (we'll be shooting during a road trip across the country from June 15th – July 15th, so folks can be located anywhere in the United States). Also – if you know someone who'd be a great match for the show who doesn't fit any of the below categories, feel free to send their info along to me anyway (we'd be happy to consider her/him).
- politician (DC)
- career gambler (las vegas) (famous poker player)
- roadside attraction type people (weird collections of things, world's largest ball of twine, etc.)
- rock climber
- new ager / witch
- oil man/tycoon
- civil war re-enactor
- soldier on leave, just back from iraq/afghanistan, or otherwise military person
- park ranger (at a classic american national park)
- prostitute or sex worker
- native american
- someone who lives in lighthouse
- famous actor/actress or media personality
- self-proclaimed "hillbilly"
- truck driver
- migrant worker
- retired couple who lives in an RV, also traveling cross country
I can be reached at: hello "at" jenniferhowd "dot" com. Thanks so much – and please feel free to pass this info along to your friends!